The Patients Association
What we do
The Patients Associations motto is Listening to Patients, Speaking up for Change. This motto is the basis on which we build all our campaigns. From the contacts we receive via our Helpline, we capture thousands of accounts each year from patients, carers, family members and friends about peoples experiences of the health and social care service. We use this knowledge to campaign for real improvements across the UK. In addition, our Helpline provides valuable signposting and information for patients and supports them as they navigate through the healthcare services.
How we help
We ensure that the opinions of patients are gathered on a wide variety of health and social care issues. This is achieved by carrying out surveys, focus groups, listening events and obtaining feedback from our Ambassador network. Concerns that we hear via these channels form the basis of our campaigns which are targeted at various stakeholders such as parliamentarians, the media, civil servants, other charities and professional bodies.
Booklets and guides
We also have a range of booklets and guides for patients. Especially popular titles include:
- You and Your Doctor
- Going into Hospital
- How to Obtain Access to your Medical Records
- How to Make a Complaint
- You and Your Dentist
- How to make a Living Will
Research and reports
We also produce a number of Research Publications including:
- The Patients Associations response to the NHS deficit October 9, 2015 Todays alarming figures show that NHS Foundation Trusts are under massive financial pressure, which will have a huge impact on the safety of patients right across the country. Read More Read more
- NHS Expo:Health and Care Innovation Expo 2015 September 10, 2015 The Expo was designed to raise awareness of chronic pain, discuss the current challenges for driving change and put forward innovative ideas for improving the outcomes for people living with … Read more
- Changing behaviour to reduce antimicrobial resistance September 9, 2015 In response to new guidelines published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), aimed at changing behaviour to reduce antimicrobial resistance. Read More Read more
Please browse the website for booklets, publications and more information.
The Patients Associations charity number is 1006733.